Re: [LAU] LAM annual Best of mix 2009

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 04:39:26 EET

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 09:29:29PM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been attempting to keep track of all the releases posted over the
> past year since the inaugural Linux Audio Musicians Best of mix was
> released in Nov 08.
>
> I'm pleased to announce that the latest Annual Best of Mix for 2009 is
> now up for your listening pleasure.
>
> http://djcj.org/audio/lam
>

> - In general the level of craftsmanship and musicality has improved
> greatly over the past year. Nice work everyone!!!
>
> - I'm open to suggestions for more music to add to the mix and please
> let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Thanks for doing this, and I'm surprised to see that my little LinuxSampler experiment made it onto a compilation!

Never ceases to amaze me how the stuff I dash off in 20 minutes as an experiment or test, is often more well-liked and effective than the stuff I furrow my brow over and scratch my head over for weeks. One of those baffling phenomena.

Thanks too for finding some other tracks I'd somehow managed to missed.

Now I am off to:

wget -O - http://djcj.org/audio/lam/lam-tracks-2009/lam09.m3u | while read i; do wget -c "$i"; done

-ken