[LAU] Ardour FLOSS Manual: call for GIMP wizard

From: Derek Holzer <derek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 08 2009 - 17:28:19 EET

Hi all,

the Ardour FLOSS Manual is complete (for now), and it looks really
damned good on the screen:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/

However, Ardour's UI color/contrast scheme (gray on gray) doesn't lend
itself well to the printed page. Adam Hyde and I wanted to ask if there
was anyone on the FLOSS Manuals, Ardour-Users or Linux-Audio-User lists
who could help.

We had the idea that someone with good GIMP skills could work out a
decent contrast-correction that could be applied to all the images to
make them more print-friendly, and then simply execute those parameters
on the entire manual's worth of images as a batch action (preserving the
folder structures, of course!).

The images can be downloaded here:

http://adam.engagetv.com/ard.tar.gz

Please let us know on or off list if you can help with this. I imagine
the corrected images would only be applied to the print version of the
manual as it is available via Lulu.com. (This manual will not be marked
up for profit, by the way!)

Thx+best!
Derek

--