Re: [LAU] Linux netlabel?

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 12:01:21 EET

Ken Restivo wrote:
> So much good stuff coming out these days on the LAU list; I have to
> wonder if anyone's looked into starting a Linux-based netlabel? i.e.
> artists who are working with Linux specifically. There might be
> enough critical mass at this point-- or soon-- to make such a venture
> viable.

Basically we're a group of friends that would like to be signed, and
starting our own label might be easier than getting signed with existing
labels, right?

That, to me, it the only sensible way to think about it. The fact that
we're linux based, might mean something to *us*, but the listener
doesn't care. To me it's just about as arbitrary reason as starting a
label based on which brand of shoes we wear.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk