Re: [LAU] Linux netlabel?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 04:21:30 EET

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 December 2009 18:08:02 Josh Lawrence wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> However, you may note that, logically enough, there is no Flying Penguin.
>>>
>> ...which is exactly why that is the best name for the label!
>> extremely memorable b/c it's a little incorrect.
>>
>> my next choice would be FOSS records, but that's a little stiff.
>> Flying Penguin is perfect!!!
>>

> Cool, so the first band we need to sign is Flock of Penguins? Who wants in
> that band?

Hi drew,

Apparently penguins don't flock. From
http://www.penguin.net.nz/faq/faq2.html we learn that:

There is no official name for a group of penguins, however the delegates
at the IVth International Penguin Conference in 2000 agreed that the
appropriate term was a "waddle" of penguins. When arriving or departing
the colony penguins often form a close group or raft, so at sea a group
of penguins is often called a "raft".

So, Waddle Of Penguins it is. I'm in, sign me up. :)

Lovin' the Internet,

dp