[LAU] Audio in cgi?

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 03:44:59 EET

I'm trying to write a cgi script for the MMA documentation which will
play various sample midi files. I've got it creating files, etc. But,
when I call timidity to play the file my apache log file has a message
"Can't open output device". I'm assuming the the user www-data doen't
have permission to access an audio port.

So, I added www-data to the audio group ... still no playback.

Any ideas on this (or a different approach! ... would javascript be
any better?) appreciated.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden