Re: [LAU] LAM annual Best of mix 2009

From: Mike Mazarick <mazarick@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 19:25:12 EET

On Friday, December 11, 2009 2:30 PM Ken Restivo wrote:

> > Around midnight after this dialog with the 120 people is finished and
> > everyone is stirred up properly, we'll have to put out a giant 'April
> > Fool' from Kremvax.
> >

> I think that's be mean. Kind of like teasing a starving dog: "here, I
> got food for ya... naw, I don't!!"
>
> That is one fscked-up industry. I have heard horror stories like this
> over and over again, and they still occur, though perhaps not as often
> as they used to. Your proposed stunt would be a totally believable
> scenario, which is sad.
>
> -ken

So do you think we should weave the two booking agents/promoters from
Nashville into this story or abandon the whole thing as a bit too cruel?

I will say that the best scams appeal to the victim's "dark side" (greed,
pride, self-importance, avarice, etc.). This may turn into a world class
'April Fool' joke or maybe it should be abandoned as coming a little too
close to home.

-Mike