Re: [LAU] Congrats to Audacity team

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <eric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 23:06:23 EET

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 10:27:26AM -0600, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> >> Just installed it from the debian unstable repo
> > You may want to check whether it is JACK enabled. I've only ever used
> > the debian derivative Ubuntu, and I'm not sure whether they also have
> > that ridiculous "cannot link to apps in different repos" rule that
> > prevented JACK support for some apps.
> I just checked; I installed mine from the Debian Multimedia repo, not
> the vanilla Debian. I'm also using the Rivendell repos for Jack, it's a
> very good place to find a very stable, reliable, repo-aware Jackd.

Please clarify if you mean debian-multimedia.org (unofficial, not
supported by debian) or packages from pkg-multimedia-maintainers.

Also, the official multimedia team in debian is trying hard to take care
of things and has had a recent surge of activity. Please, please, report
bugs to the BTS if things break using the official packages.

-Eric Rz.