Re: [LAU] [ANN] MusE 1.0

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 22:50:36 EET

On Monday 21 December 2009 20:18:59 ico@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Quoting Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>:
> > Finally it is here, MusE 1.0
>
> Congrats Robert! This is indeed a great Holiday gift for LA* community :-)

Great news. Compiled it. I could actually run it without disabling plugins--a
very annoying problem with previous versions due to LADSPA headers missing for
some plugins. The VST scanner did abort. Question is why do this? Why not use
the directory listing of the VST directory. If there is something there not so
kosher, I will still have everything else workable.

Anyway, loaded up a complex MIDI file and it played beautifully through the
MIDI sound generator once I told the drum track it was indeed doing a drum kit
:-)

Tried to connect tracks to some of the soft-synths. No sound (this did work
before but maybe I did not do it right). No crash either.

Cannot complain. It has been ages since Muse worked on my system!

One suggestion (but it may be too big a deal as the KDE folks found out!), go
to the more up to date QT4.