Re: [LAU] [ANN] MusE 1.0

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 13:04:37 EET

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, sonofzev@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> TMany that use MusE regularly are more concerned about jackmidi and
> other features that bring new functionality or interoperability. From
> my understanding QT4 is more of a cosmetic update and wouldn't
> necessarily bring more sequencer functionality in. (correct me if I'm
> wrong) However migrating could require a major overhaul....
>
> Robert and Tim have put in a hell of a lot of work in the past year or
> so and MusE is functioning really really well. It may look a bit
> dated.. but that's really not the point is it?

Actually, I'm kind of dreading KDE/QT 4, because nothing I've seen or
heard of it has impressed me. As for looking dated, these days, usually
that seems to be defined by most people as not looking like a recent
version of Windows, which also isn't something I really aspire to with
my desktop anyway.

I think I'd agree with everything you've said -- if MusE (or any app)
decided to stay on QT3 for longer, it wouldn't break my heart at all!

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky