Re: [LAU] [ANN] MusE 1.0

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 17:12:45 EET

Hi,

> BTW: Muse shows up in qtjackctl's alsa connection pane but nothing shows in
> the audio pane (where I would expect something interfacing the soft-synths or
> a port for each one instantiated).

Nothing? By default you should get the standard output which is part
of the "default.med" template.
By storing an edited default.med file, or point out another template
you can get your own favourite default configuration.

If you rightclick in the track-pane in MusE you will see the track
types that MusE uses.
Audio track types are:
- wave track
- input
- output
- aux
- group
and of course softsynths.

The only ones that access the outside world, jack, are input and output tracks.
If you create a softsynth it's output, accessed through the [oR]
button on the mixer-strip, should by default be set to the first
output track, which also should by default be connected to the first
outputs of your soundcard.

--
Short test:
- Fire up muse
- right click and select Add Synth->Mess->Organ
- right click again and create a midi track
**by default this midi track should already be set to use the organ as
midi-device (it's the first created midi device)
- chose the pencil tool (d on keyboard, or menu) and draw a part on
the midi track
- with the part selected, it should be at this point, press Ctrl+E to
bring up pianoroll
- click with the mouse on the virtual piano, there should be organ
sound coming out.
I should make a video walkthrough of that :-)
If this didn't work I am very curious to where it goes wrong.
Notice that if you have an external keyboard it won't work at this
point, you need to connect it using  Configuration->Midi ports / Soft
Synths (if I recall the names correctly, I've got localized menus at
the moment)
Regards,
Robert