Re: [LAU] Qsynth: Why oh why

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 24 2009 - 05:28:49 EET

Le Mercredi, 23 Décembre 2009 13:25:11 -0500,
lanas <lanas@securenet.net> a écrit :

> When choosing another sound from a soundfount such as the one
> distributed by Fedora: FuildR3_GM (148398306 bytes) and having
> the preview option on, why does Qsynth, from time to time, outputs a
> disturbing loud noise instead of the chosen instrument ? This runs on
> Fedora 8 x86_64 and I reckon this could be considered as outdated.
> Was this bug fixed in recent versions ?

Well, I compiled fluidsynth 1.1.1. and Qsynth 0.3.4 (nicely segregated
(at least to a certain point - this is not a thought toolchain of any
sort) from main Fedora system in /usr/local configure's default) and
connected the Axiom25 to it, loaded the same soundfont and do not see
the problem so far.

A note on the subject title I've given: it was made out of frustration
when, deeply into a smooth and tranquil musical piece, one switches
from an instrument to another only to hear a screeching loud distorted
glissando.

So far, with the newest versions of fluidsynth and qsynth the problem
does not seem to happen. BTW, the Qsynth interface is nicer with the
larger and smoother knobs. It was built on Fedroa 8 x86_64 using
libQtCore.so.4 and libQtGui.so.4. Default configure for both fluidsynth and Qsynth.