Re: [LAU] play/sox like command with jack output?

From: james morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Thu Dec 24 2009 - 15:58:03 EET

On 24/12/2009, "Esben Stien" <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name> wrote:
>You could use pulseaudio with JACK, so that ALSA apps talk to pulse, but
>outputs audio through JACK.
>
>By setting up a map file in pulseaudio, you can let different ALSA apps
>output on different JACK ports.

With the ALSA JACK plugin, I am forced to have JACK running, as mentioned
by Julien. Which is not so great for the times I don't have JACK
running (which ranges between 25%-75% of the time depending on what I'm
doing).

Is PulseAudio clever enough to realize when JACK is not running and route
the audio accordingly?

Cheers,
James.