Re: [LAU] How do i play 24/96 and 24/192 bit files at native rates and verify that it's happening?

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <hometheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sat Dec 26 2009 - 02:00:04 EET

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 10:46 +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> That will work.
>
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

Thanks for the awesomely quick response! Now all i have to do is figure
out how to change the pulseaudio sink (after i eat my xmas dinner).

I think i may have always been wrong about alsa. I assumed that alsa was
always the last part of an audio chain. It's the kernel module drivers
that are always the last step, not alsa. The alsa team just happens to
work on them. Alsa is really just a server like pulse, jack, or esd (god
help you).

Thanks again!