[LAU] resampling flash and gstreamer to 24/192

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <hometheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sun Dec 27 2009 - 01:14:51 EET

Yesterday i asked for assistance figuring out how to get mpd + pulse
audio upsampling to 24/192. The results are *fantastic* Bass is deeper
and tighter, decay is longer and vocals are clearer. I don't know why.
It kinda makes sense and it doesn't. It might all be in my head.

Anyhow, now that MPD and pulse are set to 192 they sound great. However,
gstreamer apps drop out after a few seconds, and sometimes pause for a
few then come back in for 5 seconds, then pause, come back in for 5
seconds (playing at the right speed however). Flash (adobe not gnash or
swf) stutters or doesn't come in at all.

Is this a buffering issue or because *they* are playing at the (now)
wrong bit rate? Setting pulse back to default fixes that but i'd really
like to have gstreamer and flash resample to 192 to synch with
pulseaudio.

Looking around i cant figure out a way to tell my system "every thing
you play with gstreamer, resample it to 192 first", and there's
*nothing* on doing it with adobe flash. Any ideas or pointers? Do i
need to have them resample or so i need to increase buffers (somehow)

If i can't do it that preferred way, isn't there a way i can set up
pulse so i can switch the bitrate back and forth with a toggle?

If this is too much hand-holding or not appropriate for this mailing
list just tap my muzzle and point it in the right direction.

Thanks

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Jabber/xmpp/gtalk/email: bearcat@feline-soul.net