Re: [LAU] Beatrix in the house

From: Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 00:00:43 EET

I typed in 'Beatrix organ keyborgan' into google and came across this:

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1854410

[The KeyB engine is a PC running linux and the open source organ software
Beatrix.

Actually, the version they are running is many revs newer than the open
source version available. They hired the original developer it seems, and he
has been working exclusively for them for the last couple years.

I have played with the source code of the open source version and it is very
detailed. If you like a dirty organ with crosstalk, this software models
leakage in all the individual locations separately - in the tonewheel bin,
at the terminal strip, in the wiring loom, etc. You can control the level of
each tonewheel individually also.

The XK-3C is pretty detailed in this manner too, so they are a fair
comparison. But the KeyB Duo absolutely nails the UI perfectly.]

Ah phooey!!!!

Andrew Coughlan.