Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux

From: Stéphane Magnenat <stephane@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 14:39:20 EET

Hello Julien (and the list),

> Thanks for sharng this. It souns almost indish to me, especially in the
> beginning. But while I listened on, a touch of older european music struck
> me. Very interesting. Especially confusing, and thus interesting, because
> of the instrument choice.

Thank you for your nice comments! I tried to mix some gregorianish vocal
melody with increasingly contemporary harmony, while keeping in mind
counterpoint between the two.

> Do they work well with LinuxSampler the VSL instruments? I didn't think
> there was any VSL instrument for GigaStudio.

I was lucky, I managed to buy the Orchestral Cube Pro (gigastudio version) at
reduced price at the time the shop (bestservice.de) was liquidating it for of
the new versions, which use proprietary formats indeed. I spent some time
building the mapping for each instrument to banks, but I wrote some helper
programs and it took only a couple of hours. Now VSL works fine with recent
builds of LinuxSampler.

Kind regards, and happy new year!

Stéphane

--