Re: [LAU] A belated christmas song

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 10:58:59 EET

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Q.!
> Thanks for your very detailed analysis. And of course you're right about all
> the sloppiness. I had to be quick, because tomorrow I'm off to Duesseldorf,
> and there I should bring this.

I always find it very difficult to pull of real drums with
sequencers/computers. But most of the programming here is quite good! I
agree about the panning. Also to me the drums sound too, maybe a bit of
reverb to place the individual drums in the same root could help.

The organ, bass and strings sounds very good, warm and natural to me.

> When it comes to reminiscence the quiet part in G major is inspired by one
> of Atte's pieces (Dejlig er jorden). So thanks Atte! :-)
> The first three notes
> of the vocals inspired me to walk down that line.

I didn't notice it before you mentioned it!

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk