Re: [LAU] [ANN] KMid2 0.1.1 released

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 20:07:29 EET

On Wednesday, December 30, 2009, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 30, 2009, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
> >
> > <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4.
> >
> > i just don't get it. how can you call this *K*Mid2 when almost all
> > programs whose names start with 'K' are written for KDE.
> >
> > oh, wait ....
>
> You can start your crusade for naming purity with KickStarter (GTK
> Networking Tool) and other examples around this page:
> http://www.gtk-apps.org/index.php?xsortmode=alpha&page=35
>
> If there was not enough fun for you, please visit:
> http://www.kde-apps.org/index.php?xsortmode=alpha&page=80
>
> My favorite name in this context: "gibberish", group: KDE Education.

I want to add that I have the above links at hand because I am an active user
of the sites. I use both gtk-apps.org and kde-apps.org when looking for
programs, and my desktop is usually an eclectic mix of free software from
here and there. I've never thought that two letters in a program name were a
so much transcendental matter, and I offer a name change if that helps to
stop the persecution. If the proposed name "Lapidation" is not acceptable,
I'm open to other proposals.

Regards,
Pedro

PD. Thank you very much to all the people who is offering their support and
solidarity, publicly as Nedko or privately.