Re: [LAU] Community friendliness (Was: [ANN] KMid2 0.1.1 released)

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 20:11:54 EET

On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 19:20 +0200, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
> > <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4.
> >
> > i just don't get it. how can you call this *K*Mid2 when almost all
> > programs whose names start with 'K' are written for KDE.
> >
> > oh, wait ....
>
> Why you continue attacks on Pedro? Please don't do it, having different
> opinion is your right, attacking people because they don't agree with
> you is not friendly at all. I personally (and I know several other
> people who agree with me) want to participate in a friendly community,
> not a hostile one. What you do is especially harming given that you post
> to lau and not do lad. You don't intend to present Pedro in negative
> light to linux audio users, right?

Nedko, I don't know if it is funny or sad that you would criticize Paul
in this way for just a little teasing, as I think he's one of the most
calm and level-headed people around. There would have been more
appropriate instances to speak up. Your last sentence I quoted here is a
catastrophe regarding what could be read from it.

In case anyone not reading LAD here wondering what this is about:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2009/12/0385.html
and following.

--
Thorsten Wilms