Re: [LAU] Trumpet sound

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 01 2010 - 16:09:49 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Let's start 2010 with some Trumpets! :)
>
> Do you know what is a good realistic (jazz) trumpet sound? Synth,
> Sample, Sf2, Gig, csound, supercollider,.. ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> \r

Hi

It's a real shame you didn't ask this just a day or two ago. I don't
know how jazz trumpet would differ from classical or pop trumpet (not
being a trumpeter or a jazz aficionado, nor pop for that matter), but
I'm pleased with the BOB Orchestral Brass, available from Sampletekk,
which also includes french horn, trombone and tuba.

I say it's a pity, because Sampletekk had a 50% off sale running
throughout December: the normal price is $98 so half that seemed like
exceptional value. I stocked up on a lot of their products!

It's available in HALion, Kontakt, EXS24 and most importantly, Giga.
It's a shame the samples aren't a little longer, it's a bit like playing
a Mellotron! I just wish it were possible to set Fantasia/Linuxsampler
to monophonic for playing lead lines. The great thing about BOB is that
there is two of everything, so you can double parts and it will sound
realistically like two instruments playing, because it is.

The website is www.sampletekk.com and there are sound samples.

I've also just got the Native Instruments Sax & Brass soundpack, again
an offer which finished yesterday. I've not had much chance to play with
it but it seems quite nice, although the non-cost Kore Player (running
under Wine) keeps getting booted by JACK every now and again, which is a
  bit of a nuisance, but no big deal.