Re: [LAU] A belated christmas song

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 21:13:03 EET

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 07:33:32AM +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 18:19 -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:

> > > Wait a minute, I thought Linux *was* a religion? ;-)
> >
> > I have Gentoo Linux listed on my Facebook profile as my religion :-)
>
> Correction then, no mentioning OTHER religions or their beliefs =p
>
> The Linux faith is of course fully grade-A okay.

In Frank Zappa's autobiography, he describes the time that Dweezil was born in 1971, when the hospital administrator would not admit his wife, who was in labor, until he'd finished filling out a bunch of forms and paperwork. The forms were filled with stupid questions, and he hurried through the process in the best interests of his wife and child.

Where the forms demanded he list their "Religion", he wrote "Musician". Seems perfectly good enough to me.

I suppose "Gentoo" or "Linux" would work just as well. I might have to list "Debian" for mine, if asked.

Others might list the Church of Emacs instead, praise St. IGNUtius.

Happy New Year, all!

-ken