Re: [LAU] Audio app which supports RT Jack Transport bpm changes

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 14:27:34 EET

Hi,

On Monday 04 January 2010 11:28:31 rosea grammostola wrote:
> Is there an audio app which supports Jack Transport bpm changes in
> realtime? I know some midi apps like hydrogen and non-sequencer, but not
> audio apps which can play and/or record audio.

Last time I looked (two years back sadly), even hydrogen did the bpm changes
wrong. On a new bpm it would recalculate the position from the beginning of
playtime with the new bpm. Which meant missing beats...

It would be pretty cool if jack had functions to do the time<->beat
calculation but sadly most jack developers seem to think that tempo and tempo-
maps (not even live) do not belong into jack...

Arnold