Re: [LAU] Value of low-latency in audio?

From: micromoog <micromoog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 05 2010 - 18:37:10 EET

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> In my experience, 10ms roundtrip is the borderline. Anything below that
> is safe ground, even for Bluegrass-Banjos at 150 bpm ;-)

A good rule-of-thumb is that each millisecond is like adding roughly a foot
of distance between you and the speaker (that's a meter per 3ms for those of
you in sane countries).

So, 10ms is like sitting 10 feet (3m) away from an amp, which is generally
fine. 64ms is like setting up your amp on the other side of a basketball
court, which is noticeable.