Re: [LAU] Klactoveedsedstene - a new MPlayer Frontend

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 18:00:54 EET

Excerpts from Viggo Simonsen's message of Wed Jan 06 16:40:54 +0100 2010:
> Hi all,
>
> I am happy to announce that a new Mplayer frontend (for Linux) has been
> launched.
>
> Klactoveedsedstene is an Audio Player frontend to the popular Mplayer
> engine, written in Java.
> It has an advanced support for Album Art. It recognizes embedded Album
> Art, and is also mostly able to find the correct Album Art from the
> Internet, based on the "Artist" and "Album" ID3-tags
>
> Features:
> Fast and compact
> Advanced Album Art support with almost 100% accuracy.
> Select and Play
> All-in-one window
> Drag and Drop music into the library
> Supports MP3 and WMA
> Highly configurable
> Stateful (remembers your window settings)
> All parts of the GUI can be colored
> Album-Artist-Track view
> All track columns sortable and movable
> Minimizable
>
> Have a look, and a try at
> http://www.klactoveedsedstene.com
>

> Best regards
> Viggo Simonsen

No Free Software License, no sourcecode.. I would have liked to have a
look at the code since I have to dabble in java anyway, and I might have
learned a thing or two or maybe even contributed, but I guess I'll have
to stick with smplayer.