Re: [LAU] Can the GigEdit do this?

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 07 2010 - 22:17:22 EET

Hi Julien,

On Thursday 07 of January 2010 17:40:59 Julien Claassen wrote:
> I'm just waring with a gs3 setup. I got samples and .gig files
> seperately, now I'm supposed to import them. Here's the relevant
> excerpt from the guide: Right-click in the sample window and choose
> "Replace all samples in all folders".
> In the "Replace all samples" window, set the Root Directory to the
> folder containing the .wav-samples.
> Check the "Match samples by name to .wav/.dlx files anywhere under
> the root directory
> Click on the "Replace" button.
> After all samples are replaced, choose "Save" under the "File" menu.

Gigedit has a "replace all samples" function that works ok. There is one
issue though: Giga samples which are larger than 2 GB need to be split
into multiple files (.gig, .gx01, etc.). LinuxSampler can read those,
but Gigedit can't save them. So, if your samples happen to be larger
than 2 GB, you're out of luck.

I had this problem with the Sampletekk pianos I bought last month (White
Grand and Black Grand), and the only solution I could find was to get
hold of a copy of GigaStudio and run it on Windows :(
On the LinuxSampler forum I found a small program called updatebg5
that's supposed to work at least for the Black Grand, but for me it
crashed after processing the first 2 GB file...

Dominic