Re: [LAU] Presentation

From: J. Simon van der Walt <tedthetrumpet@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 12:02:49 EET

If we're hijacking threads to say hello... then hello, I just joined this
list last week. My name is J. Simon van der Walt, a composer and musician
from Glasgow, currently teaching at both the RSAMD in Glasgow and Stevenson
College Edinburgh.

The music I write is almost entirely for live performance, but I tend to use
a lot of technology with that; sometimes to generate material, sometimes as
part of the live performance. For many years I've worked on the mac, using
both free and commercial software. I've now come by an Advent 4211-c (Wind
U100 clone), I'm interested to see what I can do with Linux.

Cheers,

--
J. Simon van der Walt    -----     Composer
<http://www.jsimonvanderwalt.com>