Re: [LAU] audio collage?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 12:09:48 EET

Renato wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:37:37 -1000
> david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, when I run it I get this:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "audiocollage.py", line 23, in <module>
>> os.system('mkdir -p {0}'.format(tmp))
>> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'
>>
>> I have sox installed with Python 2.5.2.
>>
>> Help me, Obi-renato. You're my only hope. ;-)
>
> Hmmm, i think you need python 2.6... try installing it and see if it
> runs

Thanks, but Python 2.6 doesn't appear to be available for Debian Lenny.
I found a couple of web sites going through the complex process of
compiling it for Lenny, they mention the resulting packages might not be
portable to other systems, and a number of comments on the pages
indicated that the whole process was hairy and fraught with difficulties.

Bummer, I guess I'll just keep the script around until I get a Debian
distro that includes Python 2.6.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden