[LAU] Ubuntu Studio autostart of my hdsploader ?

From: <sv-e@email-addr-hidden-e.dk>
Date: Tue Jan 12 2010 - 10:32:56 EET

Hi folks

Dumb question ? Yeah maybe but I don't know how to, so I'll ask anyway :)

I've used 64Studio for ages now, but the need of some decent video work
have forced me to tryout Ubuntu studio, with all packages installed, and
it runs surprisingly well without any xruns even at low latency, but I
have a problem !

How do I handle automatic start of my sound device "RME Multiface" isn't
runlevel scripts outdated ? I recall heard/seen somewhere that usb and
firewire devices startup could/can be managed in a file, but which ?

I'm running Ubuntu Studio 9.10 with kernel 2.6.31-9-rt on a Lenovo T61,
and the RME interface card is PCMCIA.

Thanks in advantage

Sv-e