Re: [LAU] Who?

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 22:24:24 EET

onsdag 13 januari 2010 20:00:29 skrev Josh Lawrence:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Sounds a good idea, but I find the timescale a bit short :o
>
> OK, that's two votes for the time being way too short. What about
> having submissions ready by March 1?
>
> (I'm picking these dates arbitrarily, please feel free to suggest
> something different, I want this to be fun for everyone!)

Sounds like fun. We have a thing in a Swedish forum (forum.studio.se) that is
called "Studiofestival". It is quite similar to this. The price is to set the
rules and topic for next festival, and coordinate it.

Here is an example that I particular liked (but I wasn't a contestant). A
contest with the main rule is to make a piece with just to chords.

transl. to eng.
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.studio.se%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D55067&sl=auto&tl=en

original swe
http://forum.studio.se/index.php?showtopic=55067

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> The only downside is I don't see that there would be a way to pick a
> clear winner, and honestly there doesn't need to be one. Just make
> sure you describe your process so we can all learn from it.

In the contest at the forum people on the forum can vote for the different
pieces. It works quite well. A good rule is you have to give feedback to give
votes.

Here are the vote-page for the above contest.

eng.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.studio.se%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D56367

swe
http://forum.studio.se/index.php?showtopic=56367