Re: [LAU] Support for RME HDSPe laptop expresscard

From: plutek-infinity <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 05:04:27 EET

>Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:26:39 -0600
>From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>

>... use the same Multiface box on both laptop and stationary recording
>machines, and just buy the ExpressCard.
>
>I wondered if anyone here is already using the laptop card, and whether
>it shows up in Alsa properly, since it isn't a normal PCI card....

>...Also, I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for laptops for
>recording. ...

i use the RME ExpressCard adapter with a Multiface (original version) with no troubles. my laptop is a Thinkpad T61p (dualcore, with 4Gb RAM), which i've found excellent for audio production. my version has an nvidia graphics adapter, which may not be your favourite. i have, however, used both the nv driver and the proprietary nvidia driver -- they can both drive the external monitor. so far i've only done that in clone mode.

cheers!

--
.pltk.