Re: [LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 14:34:45 EET

Folderol wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:07:23 +0100
> rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> cal wrote:
>>
>>> The main change in 0.051 is to the recorder start logic, which sort of goes like -
>>> - Select your wav file, and the recorder becomes armed.
>>> - When armed, recording starts with the first note-on event, or a click on
>>> the Record button.
>>> - When armed, a click on the Stop button disarms the recorder.
>>> - When recording, a click on the Stop button stops the recorder, leaving it
>>> armed.
>>>
>>> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi/files/>
>>>
>>> Bon apetit.
>>>

>> Yoshimi is not usable for me as an instrument because of the many xruns.
>>

>> \r
>>

> I'm astonished that you have this problem. I have found it to be far
> less prone to these than the zyn 2.4 source.

What is less prone? Having regular xruns but less then it was before? Do
you get xruns? More when using certain instruments? Or playing chords?

Especially when I switch instruments and play chords, is quite simple
sometimes to reach to 1000 xruns in a few minuts... I think for an
instrument you should have almost none xruns in an hour and strive to
get none...
> What is your setup?

Debian testing, Jack2, RT kernel :
Linux debian 2.6.31.6-rt19-1-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Nov 12 13:22:20
UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - memlock unlimited

I'm using an maudio keystation usb midi keyboard

I think I have a pretty proper configured system... No problems with
other apps.

\r