Re: [LAU] yoshimi creeps... 0.051

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 17 2010 - 16:08:41 EET

rosea grammostola wrote:
> [ ... ]
> I just tested yoshimi on Ubuntu 9.10, wow that performs 1000x better
> then on my Debian testing box.
excellent, that's how it's supposed to be.

>... This is good and bad news...
>
> How to find out what is wrong on my system? Other apps like Ardour and
> Hydrogen seems to work well...

Dunno. I'm on an athlon x2 5600 x86_64 debian testing, and I don't get
significant xrun issues until things get to around 60% cpu.

> I got these xrun messages:
>
> Jack reports xrun
> Jack reports error: JackActivationCount::Signal value = 0 ref = 3

jackdmp/jack2 right? I get lots of those too. So far I haven't found (or
even looked hard) for what they mean. I've got things to the point where
I don't actually hear anything when they're happening, so I can dismiss
them as mostly harmless. Maybe I'm imagining that, I seem to be doing
lots of imaginary things with yoshimi lately.

This afternoon and evening I've been doing some semi-serious testing,
and I'm getting segfaults and all manner of untidiness. My advice for
now is to stand well back while I work on it. I had a report today
that 0.036 was working well :-).

cheers, Cal