Re: [LAU] oh yoshimi, one more time

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 16:24:12 EET

Excerpts from cal's message of Wed Jan 20 07:39:17 +0100 2010:
> For better or worse, there's an 0.053-pre3 on
> <http://www.graggrag.com/?q=yoshimi>.
>
> The settings corruption seems fixed, and some stray chaos from the recorder
> reorg seems to be under control.
>
> In the vague hope that it might help when I stuff things up, I've put up an
> 0.053-pre2-0.053-pre3.diff as well.
>
> cheers, Cal

Hi Cal,
I just tried 0.053-pre3 very briefly and found one bug.
On the bottom of the main window there's a meter and next to it the
value in dB. It seems that the channels are at least turned around, so
when it goes into clipping on one channel the meter on the other channel
is somewhere near where 0dB probably is (which is also not very clear to
me..).
I found this with a patch that produces quite different levels on both
channels, 'Choir and Voice' -> 'Vocal Morph *'

I don't understand that meter, I guess the blue bar is peak, the yellow
one rms, but I don't know whether 0dB is at the right end of the meter
or at the thicker line before it. I also don't know whether the numbers
correspond to rms or peak.

Well, just thought I let you know :)
Yoshi is already quite different from zyn imho, and not worse, despite
the one or the other quirk. And most importantly: it's worked on, so it
has potential for improvement.

Regards,
Philipp