Re: [LAU] Tangerine Dream

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 03:57:10 EET

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM, lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  With all the Linux audio tools around, is there a way to have
> the type of sequences/arpeggios like Tangerine Dream was using ?  A
> simple example would be ZynAddSubFx's 'Sequence 2' patch.  I wonder
> how Tangerine Dream were doing these sequences and arpeggios.  Like for
> instance the beautiful sequenced synth right after the piano intro on
> 'Ricochet'.  In those times they surely did not have powerful
> sequencers to store all of these for live concerts.  They must have
> relied on some programmable arpeggio type of function.  Is there a way
> to have such a flexibility to create similar things in Linux and if so,
> which tools ?

There are midi files here to get you started:

http://www.tadream.net/midi.htm

Any linux sequencer like seq24 and rosegarden will play those. I've
never seen a midi file for 'Ricochet' , that'd be kool. Lots of synths
of that era had built in sequencers, and analog sequencers then also
did exist, so they used that I believe when possible.

HTH,
- R