Re: [LAU] lashstudio release 3

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 11:11:02 EET

On Thursday 21 January 2010 10:03:52 Marius Stoica wrote:
> Well, is not necessary and yet it is... ;)
> Puppy linux is build this way, loads into ram with full privileges from the
> cd or from a frugal installation. Simple as that!
> no fear, no sacrifice...
>
> you should give it a try

Yeah, running with full privileges solves _so_ many problems! No more need to
introduce privilege-gaining code into the overflow hack code! No more hacking
passwords (just set your own:) And you can easily open a backdoor on a
privileged port that doesn't get blocked by routers and firewalls (like port 22
for example).

Guys! There are _very_ good reasons to _not_ run as root full-time. And there
is an amazing amount of work done by devs to make realtime audio work like a
blizz for non-root users. For your and my safety: MAKE USE OF THAT AND DON'T
RUN AS ROOT FOR ANYTHING THEN SYSTEM-ADMINISTRATION!

Have a nice day,

Arnold