Re: [LAU] M-Audio Axiom 49

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 11:36:55 EET

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 03:59:12AM +0100, David Adler wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Danni Coy <danni.coy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I have the Axiom 61.... Basically everything is configurable using the the
> > keyboard itself. I found the configuration fairly straight forwards in fact
> > it hadn't even occurred to me that there would be software to do this task.
> >
> I don't own one and I was wrong saying that only the rotary
> encoders are assignable, certainly all are.
> Some devices, not the axiom, are only configurable via
> software, e.g. the korg nano family (works with wine).
>
> Many applications let the user do the assignment, e.g ardour,
> phasex or ams. Others with fixed controller numbers, e.g.
> zyn/yoshimi azr3jack need either their own dedicated hardware
> preset (if such thing is available on the MIDI controller in use)
> or one of the midi routing applications mentioned above.

i have an axiom25 and at the first 2 days i tinkered with the thought of
writing an app to configure it.
but i soon came to the conclusion, that it wouldnt be worth the effort.
i mean almost all apps have flexible midi bindings.
its much easier to never change the axiom conf, and just configure apps
accordingly.

(the only value i see is that one might be able to switch conf on the
axiom to control a different set of synths)
but that just requires to setup all configs to not interfere with each
other and your ready to go...)