Re: [LAU] M-Audio Axiom 49

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 16:08:50 EET

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Thursday 21 January 2010 03:59:12 David Adler wrote:
>> Many applications let the user do the assignment, e.g ardour,
>> phasex or ams. Others with fixed controller numbers, e.g.
>> zyn/yoshimi azr3jack need either their own dedicated hardware
>> preset (if such thing is available on the MIDI controller in use)
>> or one of the midi routing applications mentioned above.
>
> Careful! These are two different things:
>
>  First is controlling which event on which midi channel a certain hardware
> knob/button/fader outputs.
>  The second is how applications react to receiving midi events. Some apps have
> this configurable via gui, some only via config-file, some have this fixed at
> compilation time. But all react to midi in general, you don't need a keyboard
> with faders, you can also "play" these events from a sequencer...

hmm - did I say anything differnt/untrue?

Maybe the word 'need' made it unclear.
Applications certainly do not generally _need_ their own
hardware preset, just _if_ a non configurable app is to be
controlled with hardware it requires a matching preset.

This preset itself may reside in the controller hardware
or in any kind of software router.

best,