Re: [LAU] MIDI control from laptop touchpad?

From: Raine M. Ekman <raine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 19:27:03 EET

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Raine M. Ekman wrote:
> Is there some piece of software to use the touchpad on a laptop as a MIDI
> controller in Linux? If not, is there a need for one and what features
> would you like to see in it?

> I've been tinkering a bit with the source to Synclient that interfaces
> with the Synaptics touchpad driver in X, and there isn't too much to do
> to get it to output MIDI. So, I'm asking here to avoid reinventing the
> wheel.

Looks like the alternatives mentioned so far aren't really what
I'm after, I'll try to explain a little: I'm thinking of something
using the absolute position of the finger on the pad to calculate the
value transmitted. There might even be some support for using more than
one finger and the Z-axis (pressure).

Think I'll dive deeper into the suggestions tomorrow.

--
  Raine M. Ekman ...... raine@email-addr-hidden
  the Radio Project ... http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=36109&displ_lang=en