Re: [LAU] Beta testers required for jretune

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 24 2010 - 23:02:37 EET

söndag januari 24 2010 18.48.14 skrev fons@email-addr-hidden:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 05:49:52PM +0100, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> > First, a problem: my voice sounds like it is sent thru a chorus-like
> > processor when I listen. I routed my voice thru another jack connected
> > app just to check that I had done everything right, no chorus or
> > artifacts on that one.
>
> Could it be you're listening to a mix of the original
> and the processed version ? That would surely produce
> a chorus effect.

Yes, it sounds definitive as a perfect dry/wet mix from the clean sound and
jretune's processed sound.

But when I do the same on IE. the calf compressor, I do surely not have a mix
there. And i order to be absolutely sure, I also tested tap pitch shifter with
the same routing with and tested with the dry level on -90 dB and 20 (and the
wet level on 20 all the time) for comparison.

I'm absolutely sure that my system don't mix the dry and wet signals. The only
sound out was from the DSP (jretune, calf compressor and finally tap pitch
shifter). But I gladly send you screenshots offlist of the jack routing if you
want to, even if I don't think I have done it wrong, but I can have overlooked
something.

Jostein