Re: [LAU] Beta testers required for jretune

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 13:29:00 EET

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:27:29PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 January 2010 08:56:08 Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
> > A simple and "good enough" solution would be to allow midi input to turn
> > *on* the notes of the keyboard in the gui. Holding down several keys
> > would turn on more keys, making it possible to change keys during a
> > correction pass.
>
> Is it possible to define a latency for midi inputs? Then the correction could
> by that define how much earlier it needs the midi-notes delivered assuming the
> sequencer is able to handle that. Then you would get the midi notes ahead of
> time to start the correction at the right time.

I'm having some difficulty in seeing the purpose
of providing this MIDI interface.

- If someone sings out of tune by more than half
  a semitone, I'd regard that as 'beyond repair'.

- If not, picking the nearest note will do the
  right thing.

- In corner cases you can still disable any notes
  that do not occur in the melody.

Comments ???

--
FA