Re: [LAU] Ardour 2.8.4 ?

From: hollunder <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 13:48:22 EET

Excerpts from fons's message of Wed Jan 27 12:17:11 +0100 2010:
> I installed Ardour 2.8.4. (6077) on a new Arch
> system today and it's showing some strange things.
>
> * On newly created sessions, the mute buttons
> affect the meters but not the signal.
>
> * When following Jack transport:
>
> - Play for a few seconds
> - Use the 'rewind to zero' on e.g. qjackctl
> - Ardour goes to zero, and restarts playing,
> but the position counters remain at the
> place wher the 'rewind' was done, until
> either
> - position goes beyond this place
> - or you stop.
>
> Anyone seeing similar things ? I just want to
> find out if this only affects the Arch binary,
> or all systems.
>
> Ciao,

I don't think that it's arch specific.
2.8.6 is available now btw., at least from AUR.

Muting behaves the same there, and it seems to be an issue with ardour's
default behavior. Right-click on the mute button and click Main Outs.
Now it should behave the way you and I would expect it to.

Regarding transport.. Ardour2.8.6 doesn't follow qjackctl (svn) at all,
but this is also with tschack, any of the three could be responsible and
I don't have the time to check atm.

Regards,
Philipp