Re: [LAU] Delta 1010 Power On and Off (Breakout Box)

From: Ectropic Harmony <ectropic.harmony@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 07:30:19 EET

> Plugging the external's supply into a switched AC supply and leaving it off until it's needed seemed to work fine also.

Or in the case of using a UPS/battery backup, plug in and unplug
directly from the back of the breakout box. I'm assuming it's safe to
do that. <?> Either way, it's my best option at present. (While an
turning an AC supply on/off might be convenient, the whole point in a
UPS it to keep it on (at least when the computer/systems are all up
and running.) I could get an AC bar with an on/off switch though the
UPS is like a super-high-quality version of that already. ;) I'll
stick with the UPS.

The big question is: Why the heck doesn't M-Audio include a power
switch with the Delta 1010 breakout box? ;-)