Re: [LAU] oh yoshimi, one more time

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 30 2010 - 20:53:35 EET

Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
> 2010/1/30 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>:
>> Does using alsa-midi give you the same problem?
>>

> Yes.
> In the terminal there is this message:
> Info, alsa midi port connected
> Jack reports error: jack_client_thread zombified - exiting from JACK
> Too may notes - notes > poliphony, PartNoteOn()
> Too may notes - notes > poliphony, PartNoteOn()
>

> Now - that's strange:
> I found it happens with 038 too.
> and:
> It seems to depend on the instrument used:
> The default sine-like tone doesn't cause an error,
> but when using Rhodes/SynthRhodes2, pressing two keys at once
> zombifies the jack process.
> Is this reproducable?

Yep! I've already apologised to another poster that yesterday wasn't one
of my better days for clear-headedness, so same goes here.

> Maybe one of the internal synths/effects is still not rt-safe.

Looks to me like a straight deadlock, ie a lower level section waiting on a lock
while the lock is already held by it's caller. I'll work on it.

Cheers, and thanks for your patience. There are days when I fully qualify as a
muddle headed wombat.