[LAU] New to the list

From: Jeremy <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 13:35:51 EET

Hello all,

Just a short introduction mail. My name is Jeremy, I've been making
music for over 20 years, alone and in bands, as a guitarist and singer.
I've been using Linux on and off since the late '90's until 3 years ago
when Linux reached it's turning point for me: everything that I wanted
to do could be done with Linux. From that moment on I've been using
Linux exclusively. The fact that I'm a Linux sysadmin at the University
of Amsterdam helps also ;)
And now it's starting to converge: making music on the one hand and
tweaking and nerding on the other. And I like it.
Hopefully my contributions to this list can be of use, either from a
musician's point of view, or from an enduser's point of view. I'm not a
programmer/coder but I do know my way around so I may be able to
participate in a collaborative way when it comes to more technical issues.
That's it actually. Oh yeah, I'm a kind guy, I wouldn't "harm a fly"
(Dutch proverb), but I won't avoid any criticism and I can be a wee bit
cynical every now and then. And I'm a music lover and a bit of a walking
encyclopedia of modern rock and pop music. When someone mentions Djed
from Tortoise I already get tensed up ;)

Best,

Jeremy
http://linux.autostatic.com