Re: [LAU] [LAD] audio function generator ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 31 2010 - 15:59:03 EET

Folderol wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 09:51:13PM +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>
>>> what do you mean by an Audio Function Generator?
>>>

> In the hardware world these are usually simply sine/triangle/square
> wave generators, but the posh ones also do frequency sweeps, and the
> very posh ones let you set up a range of mathematical functions that
> will produce a repeating waveshape and/or sweep of your choice.
>
> Theoretically this aught to be far easier to do entirely in software
> (and no, I don't have sufficient programming skill). I'm actually
> quite surprised that we aren't knee deep in the things :)

Thanks, Will, that's it exactly. I remember these things from long ago,
haven't seen one for years.

So, besides the one (with GUI) for the Mac, is there anything else
recommended ? The advice for Csound et alia is good, but the asker
doesn't know any audio programming languages. Baudline might be right,
I'll suggest it and see if it works for him.

Thanks to everyone who replied. As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

dp