[LAU] Lashstudio release 4

From: Marius Stoica <mariustoica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 12:42:51 EET

Hi,

I would like to announce the 4th release of lashstudio module.
This new release adds two more applications to the usual lash-centred suite,
they are: dino sequencer and specimen sampler.

Lashstudio is a quick and dirty, LASH centered, suite of applications. It is
packed as a squashfs module for Puppy Linux.
Endlessly playing around with linux audio applications, I was thrilled when
I realized that some of these applications can be used with LASH (LASH being
a nice feature of linux audio, trying to wrap many applications at once).
Also an ardent Puppy user, I found that Puppy offers a great environment for
running audio and midi applications without the imminent need for special
system configurations or to patch the kernel for real-time capabilities. So,
I tried to figure out a LASH only setup with synthesizers, samplers and
effects, midi sequencers, audio recording and other sound and midi apps.
After some time of compiling and testing, the first lashstudio sfs module
was born and it looked like a great way of tasting the speed, the
practicality and the power of linux audio apps and of Puppy Linux
altogether.
So, the adventure continues with more fun!

Download at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lashstudio/files/lashstudio-r4/lashstudio-r4.tar.gz/download

Webpage: http://lashstudio.sourceforge.net/

Regards,