Re: [LAU] CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 01:36:59 EET

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 06:20 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> If I post something isn't it my material, of course given for the
> eyes of all. So shouldn't I be able to change it - at least in the
> original archive? In other forums - not mailing lists though - I saw
> the possibility to change posts afterwards, mainly erase stuff. Then
> the post would have a note sticking to it: "Changed X times."
> It's a bit more than complete idle curiousity, yet only slightly. :-)

Ost's post remains unchanged in my archives, and in those of all the other
people who subscribe to the list via email and don't delete old mail. On a
web forum, aside from those that forward new posts to thread subscribers
via email, the canonical version of the post is the one on the web. On a
mailing list like LAU, it's the one that reached the subscribers' inboxes.
I think that's the reason that feature is rare in mailing list software.

Rob