Re: [LAU] Made with <linux

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 04 2010 - 08:48:03 EET

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 04:52:42PM +0100, teza wrote:
> Hi Stephen, whaooo, what can I say, went straight to my heart, specially
> from a guy born by the Mississippi, when is coming to talk about blues,
> they know all about it. Yes Stephen I'm French living in Paris, a 100%
> pure frog, but also lived in Australia and great Britain, but I can say
> that since I'm born, I had always love the blues.
> Thanks again
> Teza

Um, if I remember correctly, a lot of the people who settled on the Mississippi in Louisiana were ALSO from France as well (well, by way of Noca Scotia, but still, they were French).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajuns

Blues definitely originates from Africa-- the pentatonic scale is still used in the N'Goni and Kora there today--, but Mississippi blues definitely has Cajun flavor to it, to say nothing of New Orleans funk.

-ken