[LAU] QMidiArp and Tangerine Dream

From: Frank Kober <goemusic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 06 2010 - 16:27:25 EET

Hi all,

> As far as I recall, Tangerine Dream's
> best known work was
> characterised by heavy use of analogue sequencers. Maybe
> something
> like SoftWerk would fit the bill?

wow I didn't even know about softwerk. Looks interesting.

QMidiArp actually does a little bit like that now, although it has not yet been released. It incorporates three types of modules: Arp, LFO and Seq that play together in sync, and the intention was exactly to allow to produce phrases like TD has been using in that period of their life, and that can easily be modified while running.

I have been working on this during the last 6 months and would be really pleased if someone could give me some feedback on the latest CVS (even if it has a Q GUI ;) ) so that I can get more of an idea for releasing it.
Manpages are included.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@email-addr-hidden:/cvsroot/alsamodular co -P qmidiarp

For building it you need to run "autoreconf -i" before configure.

Regards
Frank