Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - a bit of Greek sunshine

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 00:15:46 EET

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 10:31:07PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> Hehe, cold days. We have 75cm snow layer up here in northern sweden now. =)

Hehe, Italy grinds to a halt well before the snow
reaches 75cm...

I've been in Kiruna once, but just before the snow.
Noticed that all parking spaces have electricity
sockets for heaters to keep your car from freezing
to death while parked...

> > Performed on Baglamas (again) as a solo instrument
>
> Another nice string instrument to crave for :)
> I've listened to it several times tonight, I know very little about
> greek traditional music but it was a nice tune. Puts you in a good
> mood with the promise of sunshine.

Yes, makes me crave for the kalokeri even more...

Two remarks:

- It's a very dry recording. Some room (or big open
space) ambience improves it.

- Don't know what you used for the backing but it
doesn't sound very Greek to me. Replace this by
a guitar ?

Ciao,

--
FA